2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 stalk celery, chopped
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
4 cups broccoli (fresh)
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk (or 1 1/2 cups milk and 1/2 cup evaporated milk)
salt and pepper as needed
1/2 cup Velveeta cheese (I use a whole cup or 8oz.)
1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium sized stock pot, and sauté onion, garlic and celery until tender.
2. Add broccoli and broth; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Purée soup (I use a blender) or mash with potato masher.
4. Return to heat.
5. In small saucepan, over medium heat melt 3 tablespoons butter, stir in flour and add milk.
6. Stir until thick and bubbly, add to soup.
7. Add cheese; stir until melted.
8. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Serving Size: 1.5 cups