"I shall content myself with merely declaring my firm conviction that, for the seeker who would live in fear of God and who would see Him face to face, restraint in diet both as to quantity and quality is as essential as restraint in thought and speech." -Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, September 14, 2009

Peach Pie



-Pastry for Two-Crust pie (recipe found on this blog)
-2/3 cup sugar
-1/3 cup all purpose flour
-1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-6 cups sliced peaches (6 to 8 medium)
-1 teaspoon lemon juice
-1 tablespoon butter, if desired


1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Make pastry.

2. In large bowl, mix sugar, flour and Cinnamon. Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate. Cut butter into small pieces; sprinkle over peaches. Cover with top pastry that has slits cut in it; seal and flute. Cover edge with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.

3. Bake about 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. Cool at least 2 hours before serving.


Makes 8 servings:
1 serving:
Calories-435
Chol.-0mg
Carbs-59g
Carb choices-4

Recipe care of Betty Crocker

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Man! I wish I could master the art of baking a pie! I am a horrible failure every time I attempt it. This looks just easy enough to try though . . .