· 1 pastry/pie crust
· 4 large egg yolks
· 2/3 cup sugar
· 1/4 cup cornstarch
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 3 cups milk
· 2 tablespoons butter, softened
· 2 teaspoons vanilla
· 2 large bananas
· 1 cup Sweetened Whipped Cream
1. Either buy your pie crust or bake one.
2. In medium bowl, beat egg yolks with fork; set aside. In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
3. Immediately stir at least half of the mixture gradually into egg yolks, then stir back into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla; cool filling slightly. Slice bananas into pie crust; pour warm filling over bananas. Press plastic wrap on filling to prevent a touch layer from forming on top. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until set.
4. Remove plastic wrap. Top pie with Sweetened Whipped Cream. Cover and refrigerate cooled pie until serving. Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts per serving (serves 8)
Total fat: 22g
Total Carbs: 46g
Carb choices: 3
Recipe By: Betty Crocker