Monday, June 9, 2008
· 1 26 oz. jar/can tomato sauce
· 2 medium-large unpeeled eggplants
· 2 large eggs
· 4 tablespoons water
· 1 cup dry bread crumbs
· 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 8-16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Heat oven 350 degrees F.
2. Cut eggplant into 1/4 inch slices. In shallow dish, mix eggs and water. In another shallow dish, mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip eggplant into egg mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
3. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook half of the ggplant at a time in oil about 5 minutes turning once, until light brown; drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining eggplant, adding 1 or 2 tablespoons oil if necessary.
4. In ungreased 13x9-inch glass baking dish, place half of the eggplant, overlapping slices slightly. Sppon half of the suace over eggplant. Sprinkle with about 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat with remaining eggplant, sauce and cheese.
5. Bake uncovered about 25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is light brown.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Total fat: 22g
Total Carbs: 35g
Carb choices: 2
Recipe By: Betty Crocker, adapted by me!