· 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1 1/2 cups)
· 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped (1 cup)
· 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
· 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
· 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno chili
· 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 4 bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 lb.)*
· 1/4 cup lime juice
· 1/4 cup vegetable oil
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 4 flour tortillas (8 inch), cut in half, then cut into 1/2-inch strips
1. In medium glass or plastic bowl, gently mix all salsa ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Meanwhile, place chicken in shallow glass or plastic dish. In small bowl, mix 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/4 cup oil, the cumin and salt; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
4. Place chicken, skin sides up, in pan. Pour marinade over chicken. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20-30 minutes longer, brushing occasionally with marinade, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (170 degrees F.)
5. In 10-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook tortilla strips in oil 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp and golden brown. Serve chicken topped with salsa. Serve with tortilla strips.
*I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and they still turned out wonderful!
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Info: 1 serving
Carb choices: 2
Recipe By: Betty Crocker