· 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1/3 cup sugar
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 beaten egg
· 1/2 cup milk
· 1/4 cup cooking oil
· 1 large or 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
· 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 3 tablespoons brown sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 2 tablespoons butter, softened
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups (do not use paper bake cups); set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
3. In another bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Add mashed bananas. Stir just until moistened.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full. Sprinkle streusel topping* over muffin batter in cups. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 18 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.
*Streusel Topping:1. Combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowel.
2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Makes 12 muffins
Nutrition Info: 1 muffin
Carb choices: 1.5
Recipe By: Better Homes