· 8 oz. uncooked fettuccine
· 1/2 cup butter or margarine
· 8 fluid oz. whipping (heavy) cream
· 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· Dash of pepper
· 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken pieces (each about 1in.x1in.)*
· 1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli
· 1 large tomato chopped
1. Cook fettuccine as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, in saucepan, heat butter and whipping cream over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and mixture starts to bubble; reduce heat to low. Simmer 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
3. Drain fettuccine; return to saucepan. Pour sauce over fettuccine; toss until fettuccine is well coated.
4. Stir in add-ins if desired.
1. cut up chicken breast into 1 inch pieces
2. in large freezer bag, mix 1/2 cup flour and 1 teaspoon lemon pepper; add chicken
3. seal bag and shake chicken until completely coated
4. heat 2-3 tablespoons olive oil in small skillet
5. remove chicken from bag and place in skillet
6. cook chicken in skillet, until all sides are golden brown and thoroughly cooked
7. add to fettuccine
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Info: about 1 cup (without add-ins)
Carb choices: 2 1/2
Recipe By: Idea taken from Betty Crocker, but adapted and changed by me!