"I shall content myself with merely declaring my firm conviction that, for the seeker who would live in fear of God and who would see Him face to face, restraint in diet both as to quantity and quality is as essential as restraint in thought and speech." -Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, October 31, 2008

Tender Roast Loin of Pork

This is the BEST pork roast recipe I have ever come across. I will never cook my pork roast any different.

3-4 lbs pork loin roast
salt and pepper
garlic salt
onion powder
1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
4 teaspoons oil (or better yet, bacon grease)
5 cups water


1. Rub roast with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder.
2. Sprinkle with rosemary.
3. Heat oil in heavy skillet (oven proof).*
4. Brown roast on all sides.
5. Add water.
6. Cover tightly with foil.
7. Bake at 325* for 4-5 hours.**

*I browned my roast but then transfered the oil and roast to a cake pan and put that in the oven. Turned out AMAZING still.

**For a smaller roast, 3-4 hours will do.

Recipe taken from RecipeZaar.com

Serves 6

Nutritional Info: 1 serving
Calories-501
Total Fat-24.9
Chol.-183 mg
Carbs-0
Carb Choices-0

No comments: